Mahogany wood is recognized as a prime flooring for its characteristics like its hardness and durability. Aside from flooring material, mahogany wood is a fantastic material to create doors, cabinets and other furniture for your house.
You can check Impact Windows Fort Lauderdale for more details and other useful information.
Flooring is one of its popular uses. Mahogany hardwood floors provide a rustic and classic look for your home. Hardwood installation Arizona team also suggests that mahogany hardwood floors also best suits to modern interiors and accentuate your home décor as well.
There are many benefits when using mahogany hardwood as flooring however, there are certain downsides too that’s important to note so that this will help you as guidance in handling this type of material.
- Compared to other wood like oak or pine etc., mahogany is harder. Mahogany is water resistant having no grooves or pockets and scratch free as well as its nature of hardness and durability.
- There are slim chances of these planks to be crooked due to heat and other diverse conditions as mahogany wood planks are generally cut from quartered logs.
- Appearance is the biggest advantage of mahogany hardwood floors. This characteristic of mahogany blends to any type of furniture or any décor of the room. It makes it the most appropriate choice for most wood flooring experts for it’s textured and beautiful patterns suited for flooring.
- Mahogany absorbs sunlight thus, it does not fade quickly.
- As it is reasonably priced, mahogany provides value to the house. Mahogany is a cost-effective replacement for other avant-garde wooden options in the market.
- Mahogany appears dust free for its dark colored and looks neat and clean most of the time.
- Mahogany is difficult to cut, give different shapes and have strenuous installation process as it is very hard as compared to other wood. It is recommended to leave to the experts when installing mahogany flooring because the workability is the biggest issue with these wood material. The expert will do the cutting, shaping and look into the whole installation process to avoid damaging the material.
- The color of the wood becomes more dark overtime as mahogany hardwood floors absorb sunlight. It is suggested to opt for light colored mahogany wood that turns dark in time if you don’t want your dark mahogany flooring to turn darker further.
- As compared to other flooring materials its characteristics of durability and rarity add to its price.
- Be cautious when buying mahogany as there are cases cheap mahogany materials is switched and priced to expensive once. Seek the help of the experts if needed to avoid being deceived.